DETECTION DOG TRAINING, SURVEYS and CONSULTATION
Dogs can smell in parts per trillion. Kyoko finds it very rewarding to train dogs to use their incredible olfactory abilities to assist with endangered species monitoring or conservation, invasive species control, and disease detection.
Detection dog training and surveys may be provided for wildlife/environmental conservation or bio-medical needs.
Target odors that can be trained include but are not limited to:
- Endangered species – Live bird or animal, carcasses, scat, nests/eggs, plants, insects
- Invasive species – Plants, fungi, live animals/insects
- Biological matter and diseases
We can assist with the following aspects of a project:
- Proof-of-concept project to determine the feasibility of a new target species or application
- Pilot project to test an operational program
- Research study design
- Gathering of statistics based on data collected during contracts/projects (e.g. detection distances, detection rates)
- PowerPoint presentations for conferences and meetings
Please email or call for more information or to get a quote for your project.
Photos copyright Kyoko and Tor Johnson